What are we looking for?
PhDs, PostDocs, Master’s students or researchers who are a part or involved into university research group or research centre, with proven experience in key technologies for the programme, such as Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, Virtual Reality, 3D modelling and Blockchain, plus the commitment with the future startup as a Co-Founder.
In order to pass the selection process of the scientific profile, it will be necessary to have the support and approval of a research group leader or have a collaboration agreement between The Collider and your University or Research Centre.
- The unique venture building methodology is specifically designed to help the transition from the scientific to the entrepreneurial world. It also increases success rates of a new venture
- Our methodology will help you to find a perfect fit between your technology and current market needs
- Ownership for founders: significant equity stake in the startup’s social capital belongs to the founding team
- Initial seed capital up to 50k if startup is incorporated to finance MVP
- Training and workshops with relevant facilitators focused on the competitive advantage of technology, customer research and customer value, fundraising and leadership
- Meet-the-expert: meetups with entrepreneurs and corporations to share their experiences in tech-transfer
- Mentorship and coaching advice from best VCs, serial entrepreneurs and corporate experts on funding and business development
- Office space at the entrepreneurial hub Pier01 – Barcelona Tech City
- Brand Value of Mobile World Capital Barcelona, the main value of which is a privileged business development environment that maximises business opportunities.
18 July - 14 Oct 2018
24-25 Nov 2018
The Collider weekend
10 Dec 2018-15 Feb 2019
4 March - 21 June 2019
As a scientist, you must dedicate as much time as possible during the validation of the market opportunity of the project. If the startup is created, the scientist will be required to work full time to executethe action plan agreed with The Collider’s team.
Your role will be based on maximising your unique knowledge to make technology a marketable product.
If the validation of the business opportunity is positive and your profile is sufficient to carry out the role, you will be nominated as the Co-Founder.
As one of the selected to take part in The Collider, this does not automatically guarantee that you are going to become the Co-Founder of a future company.
To finally decide whether to create the startup or not, you must have validated that a business opportunity exists and demonstrate that you have the profile needed to join a team of CoFounder’s.
Ideas should arise and materialise during the Opportunity Validation of the programme. However, there is no problem if the participant wishes to expose his or her idea during the process.