Last update: 25th May, 2018
mVenturesBcn uses its own and third-party cookies to collect information, improve your browsing experience and in order to comply with the new regulations described in Law 34/2002, of July 11, on services of the information society and electronic commerce (LSSI).
In addition, according to article 22.2 of the LSSI, if you continue browsing, you will be giving your consent for the use of these cookies.
- WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The usefulness of the cookie is that the website is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Although many people do not know, cookies have been in use for many years, since the first browsers for the internet appeared.
- WHAT IS NOT A COOKIE?
It is not a virus, or a Trojan, or a worm, or spam, or spyware, or an open window pop-up.
- WHAT INFORMATION DOES A COOKIE STORE?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalisation of contents, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person; it associates you by your web browser. In fact, if you browse regularly with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same website with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realise that you are the same person because it is really associating the browser, not the person.
- WHAT KIND OF COOKIES EXIST?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous and registered user navigates, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information on the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use most, products consulted, time band of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show advertising based on your navigation, your country of origin, language, etc.
- WHAT ARE OWN AND THIRD PARTY COOKIES?
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and those of third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I DEACTIVATE COOKIES?
So that you can understand the impact that deactivating the cookies can have, we show you some examples:
- You cannot share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences.
- It will not be possible to customise your geographical preferences based on time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- Sectoral advertising cannot be displayed, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the website.
- CAN THE COOKIES BE ELIMINATED?
Yes. Not only deleted, but also blocked, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website you must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can search the associated to the domain in question and proceed to its removal.
- WHAT COOKIES DOES mventuresbcn USE?
This website uses the following own cookies:
- Session cookies, to ensure that users who use our digital properties are human and not automated applications. This way, spam is fought.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
- Social networks: each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on like or share buttons. Here you can see the social networks we use and their cookies:
Twitter: see Twitter privacy and cookies policy
Youtube: see Youtube privacy and cookies policy
- DEACTIVATION OR ELIMINATION OF COOKIES
At any time you can exercise your right to deactivate or eliminate cookies from this website. These actions are performed differently depending on the browser you are using. Here is a quick guide for the most popular browsers.
Here’s how to access a specific cookie from the Chrome browser. Note: these steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by clicking the personalisation icon that appears at the top right.
- You will see different sections, click the option Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy, Content Settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list with all the cookies ordered by domain will appear. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a certain domain, enter the address partially or completely in the Search cookies field.
- After completing this filter, one or several lines with the cookies of the requested web appear on the screen. Now, you just have to select it and press the X to proceed with its elimination.
To access the browser settings of the Internet Explorer browser follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the cookie settings of the Firefox browser follow these steps (they may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Options or Preferences according to your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- Under History choose Use custom settings for history.
- Now you will see the option Accept cookies. You can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
To access the cookie settings of the Safari browser for OSX follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- In this place you will see the option Block cookies so that you can adjust the type of block you wish to make.
To access the cookie settings of the Safari browser for iOS follow these steps (they may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Block cookies so that you can adjust the type of block you wish to make.
To access the browser cookie settings for Android devices follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the Accept cookies option to activate or deactivate the box.
To access the browser cookie settings for Windows Phone devices follow these steps (they may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- You can now activate or deactivate the Allow cookies box.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES
- Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and from this place you must exercise your right to eliminate or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can ensure the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision of not accepting them.
- In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies on servers located in the United States and agrees not to share it with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires for that purpose. According to Google it does not save your IP address. Google Inc. is a company adhering to the Agreement of Safe Harbor (Privacy Shield) that guarantees that all the data transferred will be treated with a level of protection according to European regulations. If you want information about the use that Google gives to cookies we attach this other link.